By Lim Mei Ying, Stefan Gosner, Andrew Connell, Angus Logan
This e-book has the main in depth-coverage of significant MCMS improvement themes stumbled on anyplace. every one writer of the e-book is a well known specialist within the area
- Learn without delay from famous group specialists
- Extensive insurance of the Publishing API (PAPI)
- Get Sharepoint and MCMS operating jointly
- InfoPath, RSS and sizzling issues coated
Microsoft content material administration Server 2002 is a dynamic net publishing approach with you could construct web content quick and cost-efficiently. MCMS presents the management, authoring, and knowledge administration performance, and also you give you the web site interface, common sense, and workflow. Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) additionally gains within the booklet. SPS 2003 permits organisations to install an clever portal that seamlessly connects clients, groups, and information in order that humans can benefit from appropriate info throughout enterprise strategies to assist them paintings extra efficiently.
You've mastered the fundamentals of MCMS, and setup your personal MCMS deploy. you could have in basic terms scratched the skin. This ebook is your gateway to squeezing each penny out of your funding in MCMS and SPS, and making those functions interact to supply a superb richness of content material supply and straightforward maintainability.
As a developer, the Publishing API (PAPI) is on the middle of your paintings with MCMS, and this ebook begins by way of taking you at the such a lot specified journey of the PAPI you can find anyplace. As a stay instance, an element that unearths the constitution of your MCMS website is created, taking you thru tips on how to deal with the typical components of MCMS programmatically.
Getting SharePoint and MCMS to interact is the subsequent cease within the booklet. you can see tips to use SharePoint's seek engine to go looking MCMS content material, submit content material among the 2 platforms, and create SharePoint internet components to attract content material from MCMS.
To ease your daily paintings with MCMS, there are chapters on placeholder validation, and a few invaluable customized placeholders for universal MCMS projects, akin to a date-time picker, a placeholder for a number of attachments, and a DataGrid placeholder between others.
There are a few how you can eat MCMS content material from the surface international, and we glance at intriguing methods right here; RSS and InfoPath/Web providers. The InfoPath resolution presents one other interface to MCMS content material that enables content material authors to pay attention to content material and never the presentation.
What you'll research from this ebook?
- Extensive insurance of the Publishing API (PAPI)
- Managing Channels and Postings with the PAPI
- Managing Templates, Template Galleries, assets, and clients with the PAPI
- Getting Sharepoint and MCMS to interact
- Publishing content material among MCMS and SharePoint
- Preparing postings for seek indexing
- Creating Sharepoint internet elements to show MCMS information
- Creating robust customized Placeholder Controls
- Adding validation to Placeholder Controls
- Combining InfoPath, internet providers and MCMS's strong content material repository
- Using RSS to syndicate content material out of your web site, and exhibit content material from different websites
- Staging static types of your pages
- A additional 60 pages of useful MCMS information and methods
Who this booklet is written for?
This publication is written for builders who are looking to the talents to completely take advantage of the ability of MCMS and SPS. The booklet presumes a operating wisdom of MCMS, the .NET Framework and familiarity with the C# language. all of the code examples are in C#.
Read Online or Download Advanced Microsoft Content Management Server MCMS: Working with the Publishing API, Placeholders, Search, Web Services, RSS, and Sharepoint Integration PDF
Similar microsoft books
Teach your self the Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) question language—one step at a time. With this useful, learn-by-doing educational, you’ll construct the center options for utilizing MDX with research providers to convey high-performance enterprise intelligence solutions.
Discover how to:
* build and execute MDX queries
* paintings with tuples, units, and expressions
* construct complicated units to retrieve the precise info clients want
* practice aggregation features and navigate info hierarchies
* gather time-based enterprise metrics
* customise an research companies dice in the course of the MDX script
* enforce dynamic protection to regulate info entry
* strengthen MDX-driven stories in SQL Server Reporting companies
* perform routines
* Database and code samples
* absolutely searchable book
This examination is designed to validate proficieny assisting home windows Vista buyer. This examination will satisfy the home windows Vista expertise expert necessities of examination 70-620. The Microsoft qualified expertise professional (MCTS) on home windows Vista credential is meant for info expertise (IT) pros who paintings within the complicated computing setting of medium to massive businesses.
Solution KEY enterprise QUESTIONS keep an eye on corporation funds FORECAST revenues arrange company instances MAKE higher funding judgements increase caliber USE EXCEL 2010 to realize DEEPER INSIGHTS, MAKE SMARTER judgements, AND EARN extra gains utilizing real-world examples, Carlberg is helping you set Excel’s gains and features to paintings and get the facility of quantitative research in the back of your administration judgements.
MICROSOFT visible uncomplicated 2010: accomplished teaches scholars the necessities of laptop programming utilizing the newest visible easy programming language, visible uncomplicated 2010.
- Easy Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Building Solutions for SharePoint 2010 (Books for Professionals by Professionals)
- Professional Visual Studio 2010 (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
- Extending Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Cookbook
- Microsoft Office Word 2003 magnum
Additional resources for Advanced Microsoft Content Management Server MCMS: Working with the Publishing API, Placeholders, Search, Web Services, RSS, and Sharepoint Integration
It's a very useful technique for getting a bird's eye view of all the objects in a collection. Displaying Only Selected Properties in the DataGrid Obviously, we aren't going to display all property values in the grid. We will show only: • Name • Last Modified Date First, set the AutoGenerateColumns property of DataGrid1 to false. This will prevent the DataGrid from displaying all fields in the collection. DataItem, "Name") %>
To get around this, we add more information by introducing two additional parameters: QueryStringModeUnpublished • CMSObject: • CMSObjectGuid: Stores the GUID of the template gallery or resource gallery selected by the user as the start container. Contains a string with value "Templates" or "Resources". PropagateParameter() method inserts these two parameters into all URLs generated by MCMS within the session. aspx? CMSObject=Templates& NRMODE=Unpublished& FRAMELESS=true& CMSObjectGuid=%7b4D1912B-9DD3-11D1-B44E006097071264%7d&NRNODEGUID=%7bE4D19123-9DD3-11D1-B44E-006097071264%7d PrepareUrl() will be used to generate URLs later as we work through the CMS Explorer code.
10 Chapter 1 How can I toggle to Update mode? QueryStringModeUpdate); } Toggling Modes with CmsApplicationContext Another popular method of toggling between modes leverages the CmsApplicationContext object. This object is typically used for stand-alone applications that run outside IIS, such as console and desktop applications. In these cases, the CmsHttpContext is meaningless and can't be used. You can also use the CmsApplicationContext object within a web application when you require additional CmsContext objects, especially when working with different modes.
Advanced Microsoft Content Management Server MCMS: Working with the Publishing API, Placeholders, Search, Web Services, RSS, and Sharepoint Integration by Lim Mei Ying, Stefan Gosner, Andrew Connell, Angus Logan